🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Short Rib Chili

C8cda837 b057 49f6 8b21 f932a9a42b57  food52 02 07 12 8078

I have a question about the recipe "Short Rib Chili" from lastnightsdinner. Would it negatively affect the recipe to transfer all of the ingredients into a slow cooker, once the short ribs have been browned and the onions have been sauteed? My intention was to keep it on low for 5 hours. I'm hoping to make this on Saturday, but I know that I'll have to be popping and out of the house.

asked by Elizabeth Wellington over 3 years ago

Not my recipe but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. It might even improve it.

Agree with the above answer; also I might leave it a little longer than five hours, maybe six, depending on how powerful your slow cooker is. I've found that with my fancy All-Clad slow cooker, a beef stew that says to cook on high for seven hours can do the same on low with good results, but with an inexpensive slow cooker you might be safer on high, or a dual setting where it cooks two hours on high and then 3 or 4 on low. I haven't looked at the recipe, but as with all slow-cooker cooking, no peeking and make sure you have enough liquid.