A question about a recipe: Creamy Carrot Ginger Bisque with Cashew Cream

F71fa089 47c2 4e2e a947 d1508e34fd17  food52 02 05 13 5041

I have a question about the recipe "Creamy Carrot Ginger Bisque with Cashew Cream" from Gena Hamshaw. How about using sweet potatoes for Russets?

asked by Tony Rice almost 5 years ago

ATG117

It seems like the russet in the recipe is meant to give body, rather than flavor. But a sweet potato should certainly work. You can probably even up the carrots and leave the potatoes out.

Tony Rice

Thought so. Thanks.

dymnyno

It would probably work, but that is not what the recipe specifies so don't expect it to taste like the recipe is supposed to taste.

LE BEC FIN

i think sweet potato would make it like sweet on top of sweet. i'd suggest white potatoes or jerusalem artichoke or celery root for more neutral nutty flavor and starchy consistency. ymmv.