🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup

B3329c51 05b7 4716 b03c 0d7ea0142f06  dsc03479 1

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup" from headspace canning. Headscape: do you think I could use honey instead of sorghum?

asked by MrsK over 3 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

mrs k, 2 tsp sorghum is just a touch of sweetness here. honey or any other sweetener, including brown sugar, would work just fine.
BTW, many recipe chefs rarely see the hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.

7398fd5b b572 4a30 b7b7 22d5eb08b2a5  bonsai 2

Thanks! You know that I had never noticed before you could email people?! Thanks for bringing my attention to that too. Have a good week.

Also, it is helpful to read the Author's note at the top of a recipe. This one tells you that she adapted it from her usual method using honey. And further says "f you can't find sorghum, make the syrup mixture with honey or maple syrup instead."

Thanks so much. I will follow your instructions to the letter next time so I won't get lectured. ;-)