A question about a recipe: Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup" from headspace canning. Headscape: do you think I could use honey instead of sorghum?

7398fd5b b572 4a30 b7b7 22d5eb08b2a5  bonsai 2
  • Posted by: MrsK
  • January 26, 2014
Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup
Recipe question for: Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup

nutcakes January 27, 2014
Also, it is helpful to read the Author's note at the top of a recipe. This one tells you that she adapted it from her usual method using honey. And further says "f you can't find sorghum, make the syrup mixture with honey or maple syrup instead."

MrsK January 27, 2014
Thanks so much. I will follow your instructions to the letter next time so I won't get lectured. ;-)

MrsK January 26, 2014
Thanks! You know that I had never noticed before you could email people?! Thanks for bringing my attention to that too. Have a good week.

LE B. January 26, 2014
mrs k, 2 tsp sorghum is just a touch of sweetness here. honey or any other sweetener, including brown sugar, would work just fine.
BTW, many recipe chefs rarely see the hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.