A question about a recipe: Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup

B3329c51 05b7 4716 b03c 0d7ea0142f06  dsc03479 1

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Turnips with Sorghum Syrup" from headspace canning. Headscape: do you think I could use honey instead of sorghum?

asked by MrsK over 4 years ago

LE BEC FIN

mrs k, 2 tsp sorghum is just a touch of sweetness here. honey or any other sweetener, including brown sugar, would work just fine.
BTW, many recipe chefs rarely see the hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.

MrsK

Thanks! You know that I had never noticed before you could email people?! Thanks for bringing my attention to that too. Have a good week.

nutcakes

Also, it is helpful to read the Author's note at the top of a recipe. This one tells you that she adapted it from her usual method using honey. And further says "f you can't find sorghum, make the syrup mixture with honey or maple syrup instead."

MrsK

Thanks so much. I will follow your instructions to the letter next time so I won't get lectured. ;-)