A question about a recipe: Thai Coconut Curry Soup

I have a question about the recipe "Thai Coconut Curry Soup" from Laurie_GlutenFreeYummy. What kind of curry powder do you recommend for this recipe? Indian? Jamaican? Thanks!

C9e1a6f4 0ce3 4095 99e1 1240e81212f5  img 4377
Recipe question for: Thai Coconut Curry Soup

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 28, 2014

yummm, is that a delicious looking recipe or what! For only 1/2 TSP (kinda wussy in my book) I don't think it matters alot which kind you use. I love curry flavors myself but only use Madras curry powder. BTW, many recipe chefs rarely see the 52 Hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 28, 2014

p.s. i myself want to know how the chef treats her lemongrass for this. whole? chopped? pureed? sauteed? All the trad recipes start w/ sauteeing a puree of ginger, lemongrass, etc.and that does add a step, but that is what i would do, adding the liquids later.

Laurie_GlutenFreeYummy
Laurie_GlutenFreeYummy January 29, 2014

Hi Tammy,
I use Madras curry powder, which is slightly hotter than other curries, and the reason for only a half a teaspoon. But if you like it hotter, by all means add more! As for the lemongrass question asked by LE BEC FIN, I chop the lemongrass in 1-2" segments and allow it to simmer in the soup. The lemongrass is removed before serving. I apologize if this was unclear in my recipe.
Happy Cooking!
~Laurie