A question about a recipe: FILTHY CHEWY CHOCOLATE, SALTED CRACKER, PECAN AND COCONUT BARS

6fb6aac5 816b 4bbc 8771 f98368d8636c  img 4314

I have a question about the recipe "FILTHY CHEWY CHOCOLATE, SALTED CRACKER, PECAN AND COCONUT BARS" from Abby. Should it be evaporated milk as it is already runny, or condensed.

asked by Margy almost 5 years ago

Chef Jason Lee

I read the recipe and I believe it should be condensed milk it would give it a better texture. I compare to making Christmas coconut candy with condensed milk and powder sugar mix with coconut flake and cinnamon.

LE BEC FIN

Evaporated milk is correct imo. It will be absorbed by the bottom layer. Condensed milk is sweetened condensed milk and that would be waaaay too sweet for this purpose. IME, recipe chefs rarely make mistakes with the name of an ingredient; mistakes are usually with quantities or instructions.
BTW, many recipe chefs rarely see the hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.