The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: FILTHY CHEWY CHOCOLATE, SALTED CRACKER, PECAN AND COCONUT BARS

6fb6aac5 816b 4bbc 8771 f98368d8636c  img 4314

I have a question about the recipe "FILTHY CHEWY CHOCOLATE, SALTED CRACKER, PECAN AND COCONUT BARS" from Abby. Should it be evaporated milk as it is already runny, or condensed.

asked by Margy about 3 years ago
6672289e 82fc 4411 99b5 dbf594fcca48  tag pic

I read the recipe and I believe it should be condensed milk it would give it a better texture. I compare to making Christmas coconut candy with condensed milk and powder sugar mix with coconut flake and cinnamon.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

Evaporated milk is correct imo. It will be absorbed by the bottom layer. Condensed milk is sweetened condensed milk and that would be waaaay too sweet for this purpose. IME, recipe chefs rarely make mistakes with the name of an ingredient; mistakes are usually with quantities or instructions.
BTW, many recipe chefs rarely see the hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.