🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

D0130c7d e57a 43e5 bc9c 59b1477becc1  best cocoa brownies genius desserts 213 1

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. How do I double or triple this recipe? I was hoping to use a 9 x13 pan and double ingredients. I'm a backing novice. They're incredible and need more!.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Just literally double the recipe and use a 9 by 13. They'll take a little longer to bake (maybe 5 minutes), but otherwise the process should remain the same.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

If you are in doubt about a doubled amount simply measure as in the original recipe and do it twice or three times.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

At the risk of saying something obvious, I'll also add that you can just use two 8 or 9-inch square pans. But you should be fine using a 9x13. Also: I wholeheartedly agree. I made these brownies a few months ago, and they have been haunting my thoughts ever since. They might be the best brownies I've ever had, which I was not expecting. I've always thought that the best brownies contain melted chocolate. Oh boy, was I wrong!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

it is indeed a brilliant recipe. Alice Medrich is really something. What a smart woman.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Hi all. Thank you for your re-assurance. I was able to double the recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 pan. I didn't have another 8x8.