A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. How do I double or triple this recipe? I was hoping to use a 9 x13 pan and double ingredients. I'm a backing novice. They're incredible and need more!.

hardlikearmour February 1, 2014

Just literally double the recipe and use a 9 by 13. They'll take a little longer to bake (maybe 5 minutes), but otherwise the process should remain the same.

sdebrango February 1, 2014

If you are in doubt about a doubled amount simply measure as in the original recipe and do it twice or three times.

petitbleu
petitbleu February 1, 2014

At the risk of saying something obvious, I'll also add that you can just use two 8 or 9-inch square pans. But you should be fine using a 9x13. Also: I wholeheartedly agree. I made these brownies a few months ago, and they have been haunting my thoughts ever since. They might be the best brownies I've ever had, which I was not expecting. I've always thought that the best brownies contain melted chocolate. Oh boy, was I wrong!

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN February 1, 2014

it is indeed a brilliant recipe. Alice Medrich is really something. What a smart woman.

sexyLAMBCHOPx February 3, 2014

Hi all. Thank you for your re-assurance. I was able to double the recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 pan. I didn't have another 8x8.