A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. hello, this recipe looks great. Should I use unsweetened or sweetened cocoa powder?

asked by chumbalina almost 5 years ago

Unsweetened!

And it is a great cake!

nutcakes

Unsweetened is always the default in baking, unless otherwise specified.

LE BEC FIN

sumati, in the u.s., 'cocoa powder' for baking, is always unsweetened. (It can differ between 'dutch process' and regular, but that is a whole other topic) We call the sweetened powder 'cocoa mix' usually and it is typically used to make chocolate milk or fudge sauce.