🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. Will it be okay to make this cake a day in advance? Will it dry out?

asked by chumbalina almost 4 years ago

6672289e 82fc 4411 99b5 dbf594fcca48  tag pic

Keep it covered in a tight container and I wouldn't make it more than a day in advance...Also if you would like to glaze it wait till right before you serve it to apply the glaze

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I think it's fine to make a day ahead. Definitely keep it covered with plastic wrap. I actually prefer the flavor of most bundt cakes after they've had a day or so to sit. Maybe that's just me.

This cake, like most cakes, improve and deepen in flavor and moistness after a day stored airtight.

I prefer to make my cakes a day or two in advance. An air tight container is essential to keep it fresh. Most bundt cakes improve in flavor the next day (imho). If I'm doing a layer cake, I like to frost it the day of service, though.