A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. Will it be okay to make this cake a day in advance? Will it dry out?

asked by chumbalina over 4 years ago

Chef Jason Lee

Keep it covered in a tight container and I wouldn't make it more than a day in advance...Also if you would like to glaze it wait till right before you serve it to apply the glaze

petitbleu

I think it's fine to make a day ahead. Definitely keep it covered with plastic wrap. I actually prefer the flavor of most bundt cakes after they've had a day or so to sit. Maybe that's just me.

nutcakes

This cake, like most cakes, improve and deepen in flavor and moistness after a day stored airtight.

I prefer to make my cakes a day or two in advance. An air tight container is essential to keep it fresh. Most bundt cakes improve in flavor the next day (imho). If I'm doing a layer cake, I like to frost it the day of service, though.