A question about a recipe: Lamb Meatballs with Yogurt, Eggs, and Mint

49269773 807d 4618 9ff5 ebd1613f440b  meatballs016

I have a question about the recipe "Lamb Meatballs with Yogurt, Eggs, and Mint" from A Girl and Her Pig. The sauce specifies "1/2 Maldon or other flaky salt". No unit is provided. What do we think? Tablespoon? Teaspoon? Thanks, all!

asked by marynn over 4 years ago

cookbookchick

I have not made this, but I would suggest starting with half a teaspoon and then tasting before you add more.

marynn

Of course you are right; I was feeling lazy. >;)
Plus, who am I to mess with April Bloomfield?

cookbookchick

LOL!!

ATG117

I would guess 1/2T (you have a whole can of tomatoes going in--those need salt!), But you can always add more, so start out with less. Just make sure you don't end up skimping on salt if it's necessary!

cookbookchick

I have April Bloomfield's book but I am away from home right now. I just checked a couple of other online sources that featured Bloomfield's recipe. They both state that 1/2 TEASPOON is the correct amount for the sauce.

marynn

You truly are what your user name says: cookbookchick! Many thanks!