🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spicy Chocolate Mousse Crepe Cake

2a807302 57d2 482f 8b46 0936e133ea08  food52 02 28 2012 0598

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Chocolate Mousse Crepe Cake" from meganvt01. Could I halve the recipe?

asked by Molly Fuller over 3 years ago

7be9269b 4bd3 4776 a58a 1796fcfd4f04  2016 03 22 12 44 46

Aside from the difficulty of halving the 3 eggs for the crepe batter, I cannot see any reasons against it.
The stack of crepes will, however, be a little low (only 5 crepes) and might not look very cake-like – unless you use a smaller skillet: 3-4 inches should produce the same height as in the original recipe.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

yes, you could halve it but lem's comment is a good one. You could solve the height issue by cutting smaller rounds out of each crepe w/ a cookie cutter (placed shoulder to shoulder) and stacking them as in the recipe, but with more layers.

Just fyi, both crepes and mousse freeze very well when well wrapped.