🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemony Cheese Blintzes

88656d7b e14a 47af b469 6bd8f1d411d4  2018 0418 lemony cheese blintzes 3x2 ty mecham 018

I have a question about the recipe "Lemony Cheese Blintzes" from Merrill Stubbs. Can I make the batter and the filling a few hours ahead and store in the fridge?

asked by Brette Warshaw over 4 years ago

plainhomecook

Sure. I usually refrigerate my crepe batter for a couple of hours before using, because my mother did it that way (I think she thought it would relax the gluten?). And the filling would be fine refrigerated too.

Droplet

I think you can pretty much refrigerate blintzes at any step- prepared batter and filling, prepared crepes and filling, prepared filled and folded blintzes ready for the final crisping in butter.

louisez

Absolutely. Filled blitzes also freeze well.