🔕 🔔

Help! I've over salted my brown rice and chicken soup...now what?

I made homemade chicken stock and to that I added chicken, brown rice, carrots, and celery. I added a bit too much salt. Any ideas for saving the soup that I spent all day making? Thank you!

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Pegeen - Thank you! You've confirmed my original solution. Thankfully I have unsalted broth in the freezer. Thanks again for your response.

You can never go wrong having good broth and stock in the freezer. ;-)

p.s. I learned to freeze my broth and stock unsalted, because you never know how much salt a recipe might require.

Dropping in big chunks of potato will suck salt up