A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes with Chipotle Mayo

5d5a69fb 4594 43b7 a27b 4fb8792cfd2d  food52 02 12 13 6787

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes with Chipotle Mayo" from CheapBeets. Have made this a few times -- and family has loved it -- but we were thinking about trying with fresh or leftover salmon. What is the right amount to use and how best to prepare it?

asked by Paulo over 4 years ago

ATG117

Check the weight on your cans of salmon and multiply it by 5 (the number of cans the recipe call for). That should give you a good approximation as to how much salmon you're using.

I'd poach or simply roast the salmon, before flaking it to make the salmon cakes.