The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chickpea Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce

21a8f3d9 1ec0 44de a613 dca8036b239b  2013 1001 wc chickpea fries 010

I have a question about the recipe "Chickpea Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce" from Justforlicks. I would like to make the entire recipe for chickpea-fry batter and given comments, cook only a small batch, chilling remainder. I am wondering if anyone else has tried reserving batter over a period of several days. I wonder if it hardens too much, or simply will not make good fries for other reasons. Thanks for all the other comments. I am planning on shallow-frying portions to serve with Louisa Shafia's smoky beet burgers. PS Two previous attempts to post question failed since I assumed I was supposed to write a specific question in this space, provide tags and then after clicking on the tan box labeled "ASK QUESTION", I would then see a new, larger box in which I could elaborate on the nature of my inquiry.

asked by Eliz. about 3 years ago
72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

I am going to guess that the batter will thicken over time as the bean flour continues to absorb. However you should be able to add water if needed to loosen it up. I might let it come to room temperature before I added a lot of liquid though. It should hold fine for two or three days though just make sure you keep it covered.

Df43343e db93 4fac a72d 68d05089a724  2013 09 09 13.45.37

Thanks for seconding my own suspicions, Tom. It makes sense simply to scale down the recipe.