A question about a recipe: Beet and Feta Burgers

I have a question about the recipe "Beet and Feta Burgers" from Green Kitchen Stories. I have some whole beets that I steamed yesterday. Do you think I can use them for this recipe even though it calls for raw beets?

23614dc0 7c4b 4817 9483 2c7df504e205  beet burgers
Recipe question for: Beet and Feta Burgers

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese March 5, 2014

It could work, but it might be a bit moister than with raw beets. Might need more oats to soak up the moisture. depending on how you cooked the beets yesterday, grating them may be problematic.

That said, I would give it a go. Can't see why it wouldn't work. I would probably chop the beets by hand, and follow the recipe for the rest. Adjust the oats to compensate for the moisture. If you do try it, let us know how it turns out.

ATG117
ATG117 March 5, 2014

Agreed! I think it should definitely work, but as mentioned, if it's too moist, add more oats.

CarlaCooks
CarlaCooks March 6, 2014

Thanks for your input! I am going to give it a try with added oats. I think I will also bake the patties instead of frying them (because I'm the world's worst fryer), so we'll see how that goes. I'll be sure to update you after I make them this weekend!