A question about a recipe: Celeriac and Potato Soup with Mushroom, Walnut, and Celery Leaf Salad

30ebcd17 bc81 4845 94fa d1aaaa1bfb77  2013 1216 wc celeriac potato soup 012

I have a question about the recipe "Celeriac and Potato Soup with Mushroom, Walnut, and Celery Leaf Salad" from veggiesandgin. 3 to 4 lbs. of mushrooms: is this quantity correct? Seems like a lot...

asked by laila over 4 years ago

former Community Editor

Hi laila - It does make more than you'll need for just garnishing the soup, so you might want to stick to the lower end of the scale with 3 pounds. It was a popular salad around the office though, so I don't think you'll be upset that you have extras. On her website, the author suggests other uses for it too: "serve it on grilled or toasted bread with a little bit of goat cheese, toss with greens and more vinaigrette, fold into an omelette, stir it into cooked quinoa, millet, farro, or wild rice, or serve on its own with a poached egg."

Another thing to keep in mind, is that you can always send a direct message to the author of a recipe to ask for clarification by clicking the envelope button on their profile page (http://food52.com/users...).