A question about a recipe: Chicken Salad with Cornichons and Radishes

1ad6f7b7 5674 4c66 acd3 0b50d8cc9bf3  food52 km 123109 053

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken Salad with Cornichons and Radishes" from The Internet Cooking Princess. Hi there, we're playing it cholesterol-wary these days. I have no problem omitting the eggs; regarding the mayonnaise (which my husband hates anyway), may I substitute a Greek-style, plain yogurt? What do you think? Many thanks, Judith

asked by Judith Peres over 4 years ago

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

That's exactly what I use when I don't want mayonnaise (especially good for homemade ceasar dressing. If the yogurt is too runny, I will strain it in cheesecloth for 20 min to an hour to make it the right texture.

Or if you can get the pressed yoghurt, it is usually the right texture.

If the texture is too thick, I add a few drops of olive oil, or some of the whey that drained out of the yoghurt.

Let us know how it turns out.

Judith Peres

Thanks very much for the very timely reply, and the hints on handling the yogurt in order to get the right consistency.

Regards,
Judith

Sour cream and Greek yogurt, blended would work as well.