A question about a recipe: Nigel Slater's Really Good Spaghetti Bolognese

B96601ba 03ad 489e 9fce 66347a037383  nigel bolognese

I have a question about the recipe "Nigel Slater's Really Good Spaghetti Bolognese" from Genius Recipes. Can this recipe be frozen?

asked by Mary Kay over 4 years ago

ATG117

I would not freeze the pasta, but you could make the bolognese sauce ahead and freeze that.

patty marguet

^^^ agree . . . bolognese sauce freezes well. pasta can be made in advance & refrigerated, then tossed w/olive oil to reheat- but i wouldn't freeze it.

ATG117

I'd quibble slightly and suggest making the pasta as close to serving as possible. You may even want to add a bit (like a real little bit) of the pasta water in with the defrosted sauce. It takes only a few minutes to cook pasta!