A question about a recipe: Dutch Mustard Soup

898e3bab 309e 432e bc77 dc967207701b  691

I have a question about the recipe "Dutch Mustard Soup" from Danielle. I made this this weekend and it was really good! Just one quick question, I used a dark Scottish Ale for the beer, what type do you usually use?

asked by Erwinm over 4 years ago

LE BEC FIN

BTW, many recipe chefs rarely see the hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.

Danielle

I use a Heineken Lager. I'm not a big beer drinker but something about the Dutch soup and Dutch beer together makes it a little more nostalgic for me. I'm sure the dark beer was great tho! Glad you enjoyed it!

The Lard Of Avon

You likely used a Scottish Ale, or its stronger cousin a Wee Heavy. Most Scottish ales are rich with caramelized malts & very low in BTUs (hops), unlike a India Pale Ale would be. Starting with a rich, malted ale went a long way in the success of the dish.