Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spinach Gnocchi

91620425 ca95 423c a0c7 7de583cbf0a0  gnocchi

I have a question about the recipe "Spinach Gnocchi" from heirloom. I think I am missing a step... Author says "To prepare them ahead, put them into a lightly greased baking pan,".... Is this after gnocchi/gnudi are formed into balls or after they are cooked in boiling water?

asked by AnnieP:) almost 3 years ago

I believe this is after they are cooked on water. From the author and reviewer headnotes, I gather that they are then briefly baked off with butter and cheese before serving.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I make my gnnochi ahead and after forming them I put them on a sheet pan with a dusting of flour and flash freeze. Then I select as many as I need for the meal, boil, then saute in butter and serve. The remainder I put in air tight plastic tubs and save in the freezer.
IF it is a good recipe, you should make extra so they are ready to go when you want them.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.