A question about a recipe: Steak with Green Peppercorns and Roasted Asparagus

I have a question about the recipe "Steak with Green Peppercorns and Roasted Asparagus" from CarolineWright. I am confused by the divided oil since it doesn't say the proportions. Do I heat all 3 tablespoons? What remaining oil?

• Posted by: Lisa Z
  • March 26, 2014

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 26, 2014

Just a guess but since it says oil, divided - 1/2 TBS for steak and the rest for the asparagus. Of course you should use your cooking judgment when preparing each ingredient with the oil as needed. I have this recipe saved to try.

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 26, 2014

oops 1 and 1/2 TBS for the steak and then the asparagus.

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 26, 2014

ugh, no edit option. I would just use enough oil to sear the beef, roast the asparagus and brown the shallots.

Caroline Wright
Caroline Wright March 26, 2014

Hi all! Sorry for that error -- guess I was too hopped up on delicious meat to write clearly. I re-edited the recipe, take a look! I just seared the beef in 1 tablespoon, tossed the asparagus in another, and saved the rest for the delicious sauce. Let me know how it turns out!