A question about a recipe: Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic

85beb9fc d6e7 408c a12c 7dc11bd42b75  2014 0218 clara chicken 40 cloves garlic 007

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic" from Merrill Stubbs. How does the skin turn out? How do you handle it?

asked by f52otf over 4 years ago

The skin doesn't crisp -- it softens. You can eat it or not!

Felicia M

Rather than soft skin, I'd rather just remove the skin, crisp it up and serve later with the meal, like croutons.

You could do that, yes. Leaving the skin on does help keep the chicken really tender and -- to use a word that I try to avoid but is relevant here -- moist.