A question about a recipe: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

818aea6f 7d5d 4a44 bf0c acad34232251  gtg cookies

I have a question about the recipe "Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies" from Kim Boyce. Can I refrigerate/freeze this dough, and bake it the following day?

asked by chana over 4 years ago

Stephanie G

I make this recipe at least once a month. I make the dough and refrigerate. I bake them during the week in batches of 4-6. We always have fresh cookies! The recipe in Ms. Boyce's book reads that the dough is good for a week.

Stephanie G

To be clear, I should have typed that the recipe reads the dough is good for one week in the fridge.

Felicia M

I've never met a cookie dough recipe that I can't freeze. Scoop out the dough to the pan and freeze. If using the next day, just slide the whole pan in the preheated oven. Add a couple of minutes to baking time. If not, take the frozen balls of dough and put it in ziploc containers for future use.

The Lard Of Avon

We used to make, portion & chill cookies by the dozens at work. Cookie dough in & of itself usually requires chilling prior to baking (helps prevent overly thin/flat cookies) so as long as they are not exposed to direct air contact you will be fine.