🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Buttery Lemony Lace Cookies

8dcba366 2ce1 406b 930c c66e907daebd  13471989164 323c04bddf b

I have a question about the recipe "Buttery Lemony Lace Cookies" from Allison from Haute Box. Have you tried using brown rice syrup or golden syrup in place of corn syrup? Do you think it would be a 1:1 substitution?

asked by PaigeBakes over 3 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I used Scandinavian light syrup (made from sugar beets) at 1:1. It worked great, but my cooking time was closer to 6 minutes rather than the 10 in the recipe.

67a08fba a89f 4495 a2fa 564edc0b9349  motherskitchen

I'm wondering why you are doing this - is it because you are opposed to high fructose corn syrup? It's not the same thing as corn syrup. Just use the real thing! Brown rice syrup is strongly flavored and will provide a different texture in baking