A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. do you think it would be okay to swirl in some softened raspberry preserve right before baking (1/4 to 1/2 cup)? thank you!!

asked by Skydo over 4 years ago

ATG117

I think it should work and would be interested to know how it turns out.

SeaJambon

Absolutely! Jams and jellies work really well in those circumstances as they add neither dry nor wet to the overall batter. Note that adding a bit of jam or jelly to whipped cream is pretty awesome too (recently added Meyer Lemon Marmalade to whipping cream to top a blueberry crumble and it was AMAZING!! I think my eyes rolled in back of my head with delight!)

S
S

I wouldn't use jam or preserves because of the seeds. Seedless jelly or jam, yes, but well whisked. I've often used this to pour in horizontal rows over raw brownie batter, then use a knife or chopstick to pull a chevron pattern. Bake as usual.

For the bundt cake, you might want to think about a third of the batter in the pan, swirl in some raspberry, another third batter, swirl, then top with remaining batter and a swirl of raspberry. Might get it throughout that deep a cake rather than just a bit on top.

Chocolate and raspberry -- perfect match!