A question about a recipe: Macaroons

8293d9d1 bf02 4fe6 9aff 55544127f9fa  2014 0408 jenny macaroons 015

I have a question about the recipe "Macaroons" from we eat. happy.. Any suggestions on adding chocolate here (dipped or within)? Not that these don't look fantastic as-is, just for variety.

asked by Shannon over 4 years ago

You could add in 1/2 cup choc chips or choc chunks Just mix them in with the rest of the ingredients

ATG117

Smitten Kitchen has a post on chocolate macaroons that look divine.

London_Eats

You could try dipping the bases in dark chocolate, and the drizzling some zig-zags of chocolate on top. sort of like this: http://londoneats.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/chocolate-and-coconut-macaroons/

littlechef16

make a dark chocolate ganache and drizzle it over them or dip the peaks. A really simple recipe is just aprox. 1c chocolate chips to 1/4c cream.