A question about a recipe: Umido di Cipolla (Pasta with Onions and Tomato)

Cb0b4dde f9cd 42ab 8161 e459a61539b3  img 0312

I have a question about the recipe "Umido di Cipolla (Pasta with Onions and Tomato)" from Maureen Fant. Is this recipe written correctly in terms of the volume of tomato puree? That seems like a TINY amount (2/3rds of a cup) for the volume of onions. Thanks, Dan

asked by db over 4 years ago

former Community Editor

Hi Dan, I double-checked her book, "Sauces & Shapes: Pasta the Italian Way," and those are the correct amounts for onions and tomato purée.

db
db

Thank you Lindsay-Jean for taking the time to research that for me. Just out of curiosity, have you tried the recipe? Thanks again, Dan

former Community Editor

I haven't, but it's on my list to try now!

db
db

When you do, could you perhaps share your thoughts?

Thanks again,

Dan