A question about a recipe: Ima's Challah

21630aaa 671f 410a 94a5 10a3252c54c8  092711 food52 259

I have a question about the recipe "Ima's Challah" from Rivka. recipe says 2/3cups, I used 2 but mixture looks very wet, please tell me it doesn't mean 2/3 of a cup???

asked by Leyanne Taylor over 4 years ago

Leyanne Taylor

In hindsight yes, but the use of the plural 'cups' indicates otherwise. Oh well, 12 cups of flour, 8 eggs, almost a whole jar of honey wasted. Not to mention the clean up! ;p
ill have to try again another day, my patience has worn quite thin now :(
Thanks anyway.

I'm so sorry you misunderstood. But this recipe already makes "2 large challahs" -- why would you double that recipe if you'd never made it before?

Leyanne Taylor

I didn't start out to make a double quantity, I stupidly tried to rescue the first batch by doubling up the ingredients. I should have trashed it and started from scratch, but I really didn't want to waste the ingredients I'd already used.
It never struck me as odd that it would mean 2 to 3 cups as often in baking the liquid amounts can vary depending on the type of flour and how well it soaks up the liquid. I suppose I should have looked at other recipes before starting.