A question about a recipe: Momofuku's Pork Buns

562cf397 670e 41d6 a50b a224c295ec39  porkbuns

I have a question about the recipe "Momofuku's Pork Buns" from Merrill Stubbs. momofuku steamed pork buns

asked by Jenny Maria over 4 years ago

Jenny Maria

sorry
how many will 25 pork buns serve?

former Community Editor

In the Momofuku cookbook, one bun is said to serve one, but I would plan on 2 or 3 per person, depending on whether you'll be serving them as an appetizer or as a main, and how much else you'll be serving along with them.

Just in case you also posted the similar question on the bun count, the yield for the buns themselves is 50, but there's only enough pork belly and pickles for 25 assembled pork buns. Merrill usually makes the full bun recipe, then freezes half of the buns for another round of pork belly.