A question about a recipe: Fish Tacos

857e97a0 05aa 49f0 a213 c30593f02195  img 1074

I have a question about the recipe "Fish Tacos" from Amanda Shulman. Would the fish come out alright if I did it on the grill?

asked by Foodielove over 4 years ago

bigpan

The recipe calls for baking in the oven, but depending on what fish you use, certainly you can do on a bbq grill. Halibut can stand up to not crumbling when grilled, whereas a thinner lighter fish like tilapia might not do so well.
IF you are using a lighter bodied fish you can put it on some tin foil on the grill or do in a grilling basket so if it does crumble a bit you will capture all the pieces relatively intact.
Although the recipe suggests microwaving the tortillas, after just getting home from a Mexican vacation with a tour by a chef, you can warm the tortillas in a non-oiled frying pan on high heat for about 10-15 seconds per side. Do one by one and hold them in covered in a kitchen towel. You can also consider using flour tortillas done the same way in a frying pan.