I'm looking for a simple dessert using peaches and whipped cream

I have some very finicky eaters coming over for dinner Saturday night. I'm making steak and baked potatoes with all the fixings; sour cream, crumbled bacon, and chives. For dessert I am making peaches with sugar syrup and a dollop of fresh cream. Any suggestions or additions to step it up a notch? Thank you!

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked about 4 years ago

witloof

Make scones, add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and some vanilla to the dough and sprinkle them with sugar {use an egg wash or cream} before you bake them. Then you can split them turn them into peach shortcake.

I would make peach shortcakes.

Another option would be a fool. Puree the peaches--leave a few small chunks if desired--and fold the puree into whipped cream. Serve in crystal glasses and garnish with a slice of peach and sprig of mint or verbena.

Regine

Make (or buy) meringues and top with the whipped cream and then the peaches.

Another idea: Peaches in Sauternes (or moscato)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food...

Bevi

Simple peach melba. Make some meringue nests, fill them with your peaches in syrup, and serve atop some strawberry or raspberry coulis. Add your dollops of fresh whipped cream to top it all off.