I'm looking for a simple dessert using peaches and whipped cream

I have some very finicky eaters coming over for dinner Saturday night. I'm making steak and baked potatoes with all the fixings; sour cream, crumbled bacon, and chives. For dessert I am making peaches with sugar syrup and a dollop of fresh cream. Any suggestions or additions to step it up a notch? Thank you!

Bevi May 23, 2014
Simple peach melba. Make some meringue nests, fill them with your peaches in syrup, and serve atop some strawberry or raspberry coulis. Add your dollops of fresh whipped cream to top it all off.

HalfPint May 23, 2014
Another idea: Peaches in Sauternes (or moscato)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/peachesinsauternes_91630

Voted the Best Reply!

TobiT May 23, 2014
Grill the peaches then use as planned - or with the other preps mentioned above. Mmmmmmmm grilled peaches .......

Regine May 23, 2014
Make (or buy) meringues and top with the whipped cream and then the peaches.

Maedl May 23, 2014
Another option would be a fool. Puree the peaches--leave a few small chunks if desired--and fold the puree into whipped cream. Serve in crystal glasses and garnish with a slice of peach and sprig of mint or verbena.

HalfPint May 22, 2014
I would make peach shortcakes.

witloof May 22, 2014
Make scones, add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and some vanilla to the dough and sprinkle them with sugar {use an egg wash or cream} before you bake them. Then you can split them turn them into peach shortcake.