A question about a recipe: Layered Chocolate and Strawberry Chia Pudding

I have a question about the recipe "Layered Chocolate and Strawberry Chia Pudding" from Deborah Davis. Coconut milk same as coconut cream?

• Posted by: Ashley
  • May 26, 2014

cynthia May 26, 2014
No--you can drink coconut milk, but the cream is a bit sweeter and much thicker!!!!

jthelwell May 26, 2014
Also check the ingredients because some commercial coconut cream and cream of coconut (actually different things) are sweetened.

Deborah D. May 26, 2014
Good question! Coconut milk is made up of one part coconut to one part water. Coconut cream, on the other hand, is 4 parts coconut to one part water so it's much thicker. I buy my coconut cream in a can from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Both would work in this recipe though!

Westcoasty May 26, 2014
Hi, Ashley, they are not the same. If you put a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight, the thick liquid that rises to the top and can be skimmed off is the cream (rather like unhomogenized full fat cow's milk).