A question about a recipe: Smashed Chickpeas with Rosemary & Garlic

A0348cfd 8cc4 4cc7 bc3c c6c5f9b8ce0f  chickpeas

I have a question about the recipe "Smashed Chickpeas with Rosemary & Garlic" from Kitchen Itch. When you say "throw in the lemon" do you mean just add a sliced lemon? Or do you squeeze out the juice? The picture shows a halved lemon with everything squeezed out of it.

asked by Nancy over 4 years ago

bigpan

Looking at the photo, I would say squeeze the lemon juice onto the chickpeas, stand back a bit, and "throw" the lemon halves into the pan. If you are not good at baseball, then just place the lemons into the pan.

Here blog recipe states to add juice of one lemon and later throw in the spent lemons at the end of the cooking process. http://kitchenitch.tumblr.com/post/80287324029/smashed-chickpeas-with-rosemary-and-garlic