A question about a recipe: Watermelon Tomato Salad with Cumin and Fennel

90bb9b69 59b8 4444 abdc 02df46a5d335  2013 0813 cfea watermelon salad 228

I have a question about the recipe "Watermelon Tomato Salad with Cumin and Fennel" from Amanda Hesser. Do you chill the sauce before pouring over salad?

asked by LLoquet about 4 years ago

Good question. The recipe implies that you pour it right over the salad, but wilted watermelon is not a good thing (imho) so I would let it cool before
adding it to the salad and chill the entire salad before serving.

I wouldn't chill it, but I think the watermelon will like it best at room temperature. If it's too cold, the ingredients are likely to separate.

My experience with watermelon in salads is that it collapses if sitting in dressing 1/2 hour or more. So cool dressing & add just before you serve.