Philly Cheesesteak sandwich - what's the best cut of beef?

My family is going camping and I'm cooking the beef over a flame at very high heat. What type of beef should I use? Thank you!

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked about 4 years ago

Pats and Genos use thinly sliced rib eye. If that is too pricey, you can use skirt steak. I have also used flank and sirloin. Either way, unless you have an industrial slicer, you want to freeze the meat for an hour and slice it thinly against the grain. Seems like it might be better to do this part before you go?

LB
LB

Ribeye for sure.

Tony S

I like to use the "chain" after trimming up a whole tenderloin