🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Aretha Frankenstein's Waffles of Insane Greatness

71424ea8 a3b8 4bf1 ae2f 2dda57189d99  food52 07 25 11 172

I have a question about the recipe "Aretha Frankenstein's Waffles of Insane Greatness" from Genius Recipes. so, like a few people who have commented, my batch is coming out very doughy-not crisp at all. I can hardly get it out of the waffle iron in one piece. This while the waffle itself is lovely golden brown. Could it be a result of the fact that I used the vegetable oil instead of butter?

asked by anisebeer over 3 years ago

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

I've made it with oil and with butter. I much prefer the waffles made with oil. Maybe your waffle iron isn't hot enough?

I agree with Dona. It sounds like your waffle iron is not hot enough. My 86 yo Mom lets hers preheat for 15-20 minutes no matter what the ready light says. She is the Queen of a good waffle. :0)

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055

And I agree also about the heat of the iron. I use half butter, half oil.