🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Jennie Cook's Zucchini Butter

76cd8e02 56a2 4cb9 b031 db44192830ad  9351193761 3df63cfc96 z

I have a question about the recipe "Jennie Cook's Zucchini Butter " from Genius Recipes. How much salt and pepper is added and at what point?

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

asked about 3 years ago

I salt and pepper to taste as the zuc cooks. You don't want to salt as it's in the strainer because you need the zuc liquid as it slowly cooks. Sometimes I grate the zucchini directly into the pan. I have added a little water at times if it sticks too much. The caramelized bits add to the butter's flavor. It is a great recipe.