A question about a recipe: Pearl's Lemon Olive Oil cake

I have a question about the recipe "Pearl's Lemon Olive Oil cake" from Jaynerly. I'm wanting to halve this recipe and bake it in a loaf pan…anyone try anything like this?

• Posted by: VickyD
  • July 10, 2014
D9de811d 67f3 4042 87b1 e16cc2185509  2013 1126 wc pearls lemon olive oil cake 008
Recipe question for: Pearl's Lemon Olive Oil Cake

Monita July 10, 2014

I've never made this cake. Ingredient-wise, it is certainly easy to cut in half. If you read the notes at the top, the cake is baked in an 8" springform pan which holds about 6 cups. An 8x4x2.5 loaf pan holds 4 cups - not quite half and a 9" loaf pan holds 8 cups. So if you half the recipe and put it in a loaf pan, one of these sizes, it may be very shallow. The choice of a springform may also be important for removing the cake. Might be more difficult from a loaf pan. So I'd just think about these things first.

Jaynerly
Jaynerly July 11, 2014

I've halved the recipe and cooked this in a smaller round cake pan and it turned out well. I think it would make a fabulous loaf, do let me know how it turns out if you try it!