A question about a recipe: Green Tea And White Chocolate Cheesecake

I have a question about the recipe "Green Tea And White Chocolate Cheesecake" from Ebony Goh. Is the batter higher than the pan, how deep is the baking pan

• Posted by: Nan
  • July 25, 2014

Monita July 25, 2014

The baking dish you use should be between 1.5 -2 inches deep. You should have some room at the top of the pan. If the batter reaches the top there won;t be any room for expanding which will happen even with a cheesecake

Nan
Nan July 25, 2014

The conversion would be a 9x13" sheet pan
Thank you

ChefJune July 26, 2014

9 x 13 is not a sheet pan. it a regular cake pan. But it is not a good pan for a cheesecake.

Ebony Goh
Ebony Goh July 25, 2014

The batter should not be higher than the pan (to ensure that the cheesecake remains the shape of the pan throughout the whole cooking process). The baking pan should be around 5cm deep. I personally used a 21cm springform cake tin (that is about 7cm high) as this meant I could remove the cheesecake easily later on. Remember to line the tin you're using with baking paper so that it is easy to remove when cutting! Hope this helps (:

Nan
Nan July 26, 2014

21 cm = an 8 inch springform

ChefJune July 26, 2014

The batter can't be higher than the pan, or you will have one royal mess! And it can't come to the edge, because it will rise in the oven and before it can bake firm it will overflow and the mess in your oven will be historic. Better to use a larger springform pan! Springform pans are mostly the same height. You can compensate by choosing a wider pan. I have springforms in 7", 8" 9" 10" -- and use them all regularly!