A question about a recipe: Plum and Ricotta Tart (Torta di Susine)

F568e096 0b71 4116 829a f3f7b0507951  plum tart torta di susine img 8228 food52

I have a question about the recipe "Plum and Ricotta Tart (Torta di Susine)" from Emiko. What is hard ricotta?

asked by Laurelb over 4 years ago

In the description by the author, she explains if your ricotta is too soft or sitting in liquid, you should drain it. You can put it in cheesecloth and set it in a strainer for an hour or more or hang your ball from something if that works better for you. You can also use a clean kitchen towel if you don't have any cheesecloth.

Emiko

Just wanted to add - you're looking for something firm enough that it holds its shape rather than something you need to spoon. Think cream cheese as opposed to yogurt!