🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

D0130c7d e57a 43e5 bc9c 59b1477becc1  best cocoa brownies genius desserts 213 1

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. Can I use cake flour?

asked by meet your baker almost 4 years ago

I can't see why you couldn't. They'll be more tender, so your idea of the additional egg is a good one.

butter, sugar, flowers

For brownies, it shouldn't matter if you swap in cake flour, since they are meant to be soft and they sort of melt all together in a pan (as opposed to relying on a more individual structure, such as crisp cookies). The extra egg will keep them a little firmer -- good idea!