2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Blueberry Basil Infused Vodka

67786c0b 9440 4c5d 9d4d a467a0e875ac  blueberrybasilvodka1

I have a question about the recipe "Blueberry Basil Infused Vodka" from Kitchen Konfidence. Hi there! I am in the process of infusing - this recipe sounds delicious, so thanks for sharing. Just curious - how long with the vodka last after the infusion process is complete? Thanks in advance!

asked by Stephanie Flynn over 2 years ago
Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Just in case anyone else was curious about this, Dee answered Stephanie over in the comments of the recipe, and said: "I do a fair bit of fruit infusions and generally mine keep for about 6-12 months. Provided that you used a spirit with a high proof (most vodka is 80 proof, which I've found to be ideal), storage shouldn't be an issue. This recipe does use a larger amount of fruit than what I typically use but as long as you store it in your freezer you'll be golden."

And the recipe author notes: "The more solid matter that you strain from the vodka, the longer the alcohol will last. I find that I use up my infusions several weeks after making them, so I’m fine with a single strain. If you are planning on keeping this infusion for an extended period of time, line the strainer with several layers of cheesecloth, and strain again."

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.