🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Blueberry Basil Infused Vodka

67786c0b 9440 4c5d 9d4d a467a0e875ac  blueberrybasilvodka1

I have a question about the recipe "Blueberry Basil Infused Vodka" from Kitchen Konfidence. Hi there! I am in the process of infusing - this recipe sounds delicious, so thanks for sharing. Just curious - how long with the vodka last after the infusion process is complete? Thanks in advance!

asked by Stephanie Flynn about 3 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Just in case anyone else was curious about this, Dee answered Stephanie over in the comments of the recipe, and said: "I do a fair bit of fruit infusions and generally mine keep for about 6-12 months. Provided that you used a spirit with a high proof (most vodka is 80 proof, which I've found to be ideal), storage shouldn't be an issue. This recipe does use a larger amount of fruit than what I typically use but as long as you store it in your freezer you'll be golden."

And the recipe author notes: "The more solid matter that you strain from the vodka, the longer the alcohol will last. I find that I use up my infusions several weeks after making them, so I’m fine with a single strain. If you are planning on keeping this infusion for an extended period of time, line the strainer with several layers of cheesecloth, and strain again."