A question about a recipe: Eggplant Parmesan

C1a31eb3 1602 4b88 9617 c1d332433d9c  eggplant parm

I have a question about the recipe "Eggplant Parmesan" from Nancy Jo. I'm sure this is sacrilege, but if I swapped the eggplant for zucchini would I need to do anything differently?

asked by Sophie Wallerstedt over 4 years ago

Frying time might be a bit less, but otherwise, I don't think there'd be much difference. Why not give it a go and let us know how it turns out?

Not sacrilege at all. I often swap the two depending what looks best. I don't salt and drain eggplant, but I probably would salt and dry the zuc. I always do when I make zoodles.

ATG117

I think the key is to salt and dry teh zucchini so you're finally product isn't too wet.

Nancy Jo

No sacrilege at all! I would try the same technique. Go for it and let me know how it is!

NYNCtg

My Mother makes Zucchini Parm all the time in the summer. Do salt and dry the zucchini as it will get soggy. Very soggy.

ATG117

There was a recipe for a zucchini parm in serious eats this wk.