A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

I have a question about the recipe "Peach Tart" from Amanda Hesser. The crust was very crumbly

asked by Nan about 4 years ago

msmely

It's a pat-in-pan dough so it will be a bit on the crumbly side. The ratio of moisture to flour is important for texture, so depending on how you measure a cup of flour, you could be adding more flour than the recipe suggested.

https://food52.com/blog...

It should be a little crumbly but not falling apart. Msmely, thanks for weighing in about the flour ratio -- could be it.

mainecook61

Just made it again myself. Delicious. I had no problems. Could it be too much working of the crust when patting it out? As I recall the directions, one is instructed to keep a light touch.