🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

I have a question about the recipe "Peach Tart" from Amanda Hesser. Pan for tart, do you bake the crust first

asked by Nan about 3 years ago

Nan

I used a 11" rectangular pan I think I overworked the dough to try to get it to fit into this pan, should I have refrigerated the dough before filling it?

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

You don't need to refrigerate it but you can -- I find that tarts bake better when the tart pan is lined with the dough and then chilled for at least 20 minutes. Also no need to bake the crust first. You bake it together with the fruit.