Any suggestions for restaurants in the Russian Hill neighborhood of San Francisco?

I'm moving here for the month of September and would like to find some delicious restaurants. Ideally I'm looking for tasty and modestly priced local gems. Thank you!

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked about 4 years ago

The food info in the San Francisco Chronicle is, despite continuing cuts, pretty reliable. Here's a link to their page on Russian Hill. http://www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods...

You're going to have a great month.

What a great 30 days. I like Zarzuela for paella, Street for fried chicken (Sundays only) and Okoze for sushi.

butter, sugar, flowers

September is the best weather month in SF! You will love it! If you make it to the east bay (Berkeley, Oakland), check out http://ebnosh.com for great restaurants! Sorry to not be more helpful about SF proper...

JanetFL

I don't have any suggestions for you but just wanted to say that I am jealous!

Wander down to Market Street and Zuni Cafe. Judy Rogers dies not long ago but her wonderful restaurant lives on. Just off California Street between Sacramento and Clay in Hang Ah Alley is Hang Ah, the best dim sum ever, in the history of ever. It's not snazzy, it's just real. And cheap.

Sole

So many options!! Emmy spaghetti shack is a neighborhood institution; ishi is top notch sushi; pizza hacker is delish; blue plate is great California cuisine; la ciccia is a short walk across to church street but awesome Sardinian; liberty cafe is wonderful brunch/lunch; and then there are a million places just beyond bernal!

Sole

Oops! For some reason I saw this tagged under Bernal Hill. Russian Hill is an entirely different story! I suggest Pesce for great Italian seafood; Gioia Pizza; Hyde Street Seafood House for classic SF cuisine;