🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Thrice-Cooked Potatoes

7f31911a 374f 4db8 a4b7 57ef1e04c7c2  potatoes

I have a question about the recipe "Thrice-Cooked Potatoes" from Amanda Hesser. Can't you just start with frozen fries and deep fry them frozen for a quick semblance of the fries?

asked by Dianne about 3 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I suppose you could. Not sure you'd get the same roughed up edges on the fries. Also, I'm not sure if frozen fries have already been fried once -- if so, I guess a single frying would work. If not, I'd double fry them as in the recipe.

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

If a "semblance" of a recipe is good enough for you, go for it