🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Deborah Madison's Potato and Green Chile Stew

81a6652a 4d15 4b96 b496 5c7724e1810f  15117492182 1b9c1af930 b

I have a question about the recipe "Deborah Madison's Potato and Green Chile Stew" from Genius Recipes. How do I scale this recipe to serve 4 to 6 people????

asked by Debbie Conover over 3 years ago

I would simply triple or quadruple the recipe to serve 6-8. Use a larger pot.

cheese1227

Depends on how hot your chilis are. If they are mild, then you can go for the straight 3X. But if they are hotter, cut back.

Sarah Smith

I typically go with the lower number when a recipe says it serves a range (1 to 2, in this case). So, if you want to serve 4 people, I'd quadruple it. If you want to serve 6 people, I'd multiple all ingredients by 6.