A question about a recipe: Funfetti Cake

01c4da5b 9017 4fcd a640 07f5a1bfb0c3  funfetti f52 2

I have a question about the recipe "Funfetti Cake" from molly yeh. How is this cake decorated? I love the banners and the gold embellishments

asked by Jade McDaniels about 4 years ago

molly yeh

hi jade! the decorations are super easy to make! simply knead a few drops of food coloring (gel or liquid) into marzipan. roll the marzipan out with a rolling pin, and then cut out little triangles with a knife and stick them on! the gold sanding sugar i bought from michael's, i believe it's made by wilton. good luck!

IvelinaP

Hi, Molly! Amazing cake and it was so tasty. Instead of using some marzipan. I used the egg yolks, mixed them up with some sugar and few drops of food colouring. Then I spread the mixture on a baking paper sheet and baked it for some minutes at low temp. Then cut out little triangles.