A question about a recipe: Classic Mac and Cheese

3b048d36 9c4f 4d3f 8edf bc0a228f6962  cowgirl mac

I have a question about the recipe "Classic Mac and Cheese" from Sue Conley & Peggy Smith. Can this be made in advance for a dinner party? If so, through what step?

asked by galsmu about 4 years ago

That's a party I'd like to go to! I've refrigerated similar mac and cheese dishes for up to 2 days but don’t add the panko and parmesan topping until you’re ready to put it in the oven. You might want to let it come to room temp before baking or the baking time might take a little longer.

Yes, I'd like to come to the party too. ;0) The beauty of mac & cheese (one of the beauties) is that it's a perfect make ahead dish.

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad