🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Classic Mac and Cheese

3b048d36 9c4f 4d3f 8edf bc0a228f6962  cowgirl mac

I have a question about the recipe "Classic Mac and Cheese" from Sue Conley & Peggy Smith. Can this be made in advance for a dinner party? If so, through what step?

asked by galsmu about 3 years ago

That's a party I'd like to go to! I've refrigerated similar mac and cheese dishes for up to 2 days but don’t add the panko and parmesan topping until you’re ready to put it in the oven. You might want to let it come to room temp before baking or the baking time might take a little longer.

Yes, I'd like to come to the party too. ;0) The beauty of mac & cheese (one of the beauties) is that it's a perfect make ahead dish.